Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Confession Tuesday

What?  It's Tuesday already?  I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this up.

Here are my confessions for this week.

1.  My husband is out of town for business and as usual I have made myself a list of things to accomplish before he returns that is a mile long.  Seriously, I'm not sure why I find it necessary to load myself down with more things to do when he's away, but I always try to get to some long neglected projects.  For now, the top things on my list are:  catch up with the bookkeeping (BORING!!), attempt to organize and clean my office, water seal our deck (I was hoping for rain this week so I could put it off), work on some landscaping (hmm, probably wishful thinking),  and get the kids curriculum for school in order!

2.  I am such a wimp.  I have blisters on my hands from mowing the lawn the other day.  If I want to survive living on that farm I've been dreaming about, I guess I better start working in the yard a little more.

3.  Havilah and I had a salon day last week.  It was our first time going together.  I neglected to warn her how long it takes to get my hair done.  She was bored within 15 minutes (and of course she let me know).  She did get an adorable new haircut out of it though.  I'm sure we'll enjoy salon days more as she gets older.  She is growing into a beautiful young lady that is for sure.  Look out world!

4.  We have basic cable (gasp!).  Everybody I know has all the bells and whistles on their televisions.   DVR, Tivo, Digital Cable and Radio and big flat screens - everybody has them - even my parents.  Not us - though I'm sure we'll catch up one day soon.  I really prefer to watch dvds anyway.  I had heard so many positive comments on the John Adams HBO series that I bought the dvd set yesterday.  I'm looking forward to starting it.

Well, that's it for now.  Tune in next week when we discuss the many excellent reasons why I haven't accomplished anything on my list yet!  See you then!

No comments:


May I help you?

Super Man and I at Jamestown Island
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Schnauzers!

Schnauzers!
Our 2 Giant Schnauzers and our Mini Schnauzer (Smokie) hanging out in my office. Notice Smokie rules over the big ones.