Monday, July 14, 2008

Are You Kidding Me?


I ran across this vintage ad today on the internet. I just had to post it. God knew what he was doing by placing me in this era, rather than the time when this ad would have been acceptable.

I would venture to say that: 1) This ad was designed by a man. 2) This ad might be acceptable in some locations in the world today if the woman were in a burka (sorry but it's true) 3) This ad caused a lot of little boys to wish they could grow up faster and become a husband.

Hard to believe isn't it?

2 comments:

Kathie Graham said...

You know.!.!.!. and even if my husband attempted this, I'm pretty sure he'd severely injure himself. I think ladies of those days were a little more on the petite flower side than I!!!

BizyBee said...

This reminds me of the 'Good Wife's Guide' from the 50's... mind boggling.
http://www.forumapex.com/gallery/data/500/good_housekeeping1955.jpg


May I help you?

Super Man and I at Jamestown Island
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Schnauzers!

Schnauzers!
Our 2 Giant Schnauzers and our Mini Schnauzer (Smokie) hanging out in my office. Notice Smokie rules over the big ones.