Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Confession Tuesday

It is sometimes difficult to find inspiration for blog topics.  Some days I just can't think of anything interesting to say.  So, I have borrowed this idea from my friend Krisit's blog www.goodnightmom.blogspot.com who borrowed it from somebody else.  On Tuesday's (if I can remember) I'll try to have a little confession time.  I hear that confession is good for the soul and I hope that proves to be true.  So here goes:

1.  Hmmm....I don't really have anything to confess.  I am a perfect angel and my life is perfect too!!

2.  Number 1 was a total lie.

3.  I am totally enjoying Facebook.  It has been so much fun for me to reconnect with old and new friends.  I also love the word games, because I like to win

4.  I am going to be 35 next month.  I am in total denial that in five years I will be 40.  I still feel like I did in High School and I really don't feel much older.  Granted, the responsibilities of life and motherhood keep my feet firmly planted on the ground, but I still feel YOUNG.  Dear God, please help me stay young at heart.

5.  I hate mini-vans.  I had to take my Jeep Commander into the dealer to have the tires rotated, oil change, and a little bit of warranty work.  I was given a loaner vehicle to drive.  They gave me a Chrysler Town and Country van.  No offense to those who own a mini-van.  I used to have one, I also used to own a full sized van as well and they are very useful.  However, I could not wait to turn that thing back in and retrieve my gas guzzler.  I can't explain my aversion to the mini van. Perhaps it has something to do with number 4?

6.  I have a fantasy that we will one day own a farm with lots of animals and a large garden.  Somedays I actually think it could happen and that we could enjoy it.  Then other days, when doing a load of laundry seems like a giant accomplishment, I wonder......

7. I love having a daughter.  I am not a feminist, but I am a firm believer in girls being free to be whatever they want to be.  I hope that I will be a good example for her and help her to fulfill her God given dreams.

8.  I asked my son Gabriel (the comedian) for some ideas for my confession list and his suggestions were to confess that:  I have one eye, and that his older brother Josh has a third nipple.  Of course, neither of these is true, but they were too funny not to write!

Thanks for reading!




1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I LOVE my minivan...LOL!!

We bought a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan this past January and it is WONDERFUL!!!!!! I used to own a Jeep Grand Cherokee and I loved it as well, but when Sofia came along we needed a vehicle that seated six and bought Chevy Suburban from friends of ours...let me say how much I hated that thing!

My Jeep drove awesome, the Suburban was awful. I do love my minivan though, it drives like a car, has a massive amount of room, and gets decent (sorta) gas mileage. Of course, my little Nissan gets better, but it doesn't fit us all.

I love the perfect life comment, it made me smile (and laugh.) I have a pretty good life, but is anything perfect?


May I help you?

Super Man and I at Jamestown Island
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Schnauzers!

Schnauzers!
Our 2 Giant Schnauzers and our Mini Schnauzer (Smokie) hanging out in my office. Notice Smokie rules over the big ones.