Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Confession Tuesday


This week I've done several new things with my blog.  I added music, changed the background, joined Entrecard, and started using Sunday Scribblings for writing inspiration.  I hope to write more and get more people reading my posts.

Now, for my confessions for this week:

1.)  In just three days, I will be 35 years old.  Wow!!  I used to think 35 was ancient.  I have said before that I don't feel any older than I did in High School and I hope it stays that way.  I do take my health more seriously now and I will try to start eating better and exercising more.  I said try so don't expect me to throw out the Oreos just yet.

2.)  I am really looking forward to going out of town with my family next week.  We are tagging along with my husband on a work related trip.  We haven't seen him in over a month so we are very excited to go.  We are heading to Branson, Missouri.  This will be our first time there so if anybody has any suggestions of what to do feel free to share them.

3.)  I hate leaving my dogs behind.  It really wouldn't be a vacation if we brought the dogs.  They are a lot of work and they take up a lot of room too!  But, we will miss them terribly and of course we worry about how they'll miss us too.  Thankfully, this time, we'll have a neighbor watching them so they can stay in their own home instead of the kennel.  I hope that it will help them miss us less. 

4.)  I'm having a really hard time getting my act together for school this year.  I have almost gotten everything done for the curriculum but I still haven't decided about the co-op.  Our homeschool co-op is an hour away and I really wasn't looking forward to the drive, or the gas costs.  I just found out that they are moving the location even further away so I really can't decide if we're going to go this year or not.

5.)  My sons are getting phone calls from girls already and I'm freaking out!  My oldest is 13 and girls are text messaging him frequently.  My middle son is 11 and he gets phone calls from girls almost every day.  How did this happen so quickly?  I'm sure when my daughter starts getting calls, the whole house will be in an uproar.  :)  The kids have been told that there will be no "dating" but rather, "courting" so we can avoid the pitfalls as much as possible until they move out on their own.  So far, of course nobody is arguing this position.  We'll see what happens when they're 16... 

I hope everybody has a great day!  Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Jamey said...

Hey I will be 35 on the 17th! HAppy birthday to us!


May I help you?

Super Man and I at Jamestown Island
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Schnauzers!

Schnauzers!
Our 2 Giant Schnauzers and our Mini Schnauzer (Smokie) hanging out in my office. Notice Smokie rules over the big ones.